Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Her favorite flower is daffodils


(newly won over Tim Burton fan)
i loved Big Fish for its inversions

factual and imaginative (there's truth in imagination..so there!)
tickling and heartwarming (yes, teary..)
beautiful and ugly
..


all spinning an entire web of morals unfolding bit by bit
i think its worth every single one of its nominations.. and more!
(:

or maybe its just really my kind of story.

p.s Josephine (played by Jessica Lange) and Sandra (Alison Lohman) are the luckiest girls in the world..

Josephine: You never told me how your parents met.
Will Bloom: They met at Auburn.
Josephine: But what about the details? How they fell in love. The cirus, the war - you never told me any of that.
Will Bloom: That's because most of it never happened.
Josephine: But it's romantic.
Will Bloom: Mmm...
Josephine: Mmm, what?
Will Bloom: Well, I know better than to argue romance with a French woman.

Senior Ed Bloom: You are in for a surprise.
Will Bloom: Am I?
Senior Ed Bloom: Havin' a kid changes everything. There's burping, the midnight feeding, and the changing.
Will Bloom: You do any of that?
Senior Ed Bloom: No But I hear it's terrible. Then you spend years trying to corrupt and mislead this child, fill his head with nonsense, and still it turns out perfectly fine.
Will Bloom: You think I'm up for it?
Senior Ed Bloom: You learned from the best.

Will Bloom: We have to take Glenville to avoid the church traffic because the damn church people drive too slow.

Josephine: I'd like to take your picture.
Senior Ed Bloom: Oh, you don't need a picture. Just look up "handsome" in the dictionary.

Young Ed Bloom: Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you're not too big? That maybe this place is just too small?

Young Ed Bloom: There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they're faster or stronger than other fish. They're just touched by something extra.

Young Ed Bloom: There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool.

Young Ed Bloom: It was that night I discovered that most things you consider evil or wicked are simply lonely, and lacking in the social niceties.

Sandra Bloom: You don't even know me.
Young Ed Bloom: I have the rest of my life to find out.

Ed Bloom (Age 10): I was thinking about death and all. About seeing how you're gonna die. I mean, on one hand, if dying was all you thought about, it could kind of screw you up. But it could kind of help you, couldn't it? Because you'd know that everything else you can survive.



righto..enough quotes to flood the post. am off. hope tonight will be fun!

-


the epitome of change..
never anymore.